- 07 May 2020
In response to the coronavirus pandemic and in the interests of our wider community, the Paul Mellon Centre is closed to the public until further notice. During our temporary closure, the Centre is continuing to operate, and staff are working remotely.
We are pursuing a number of initiatives to support British art studies during this difficult period.
These include a new Research Continuity Grants and Fellowships scheme, geared to both individuals and institutions, and designed to support scholarly and curatorial projects on the history of British art and architecture.
We are also delighted to be launching a new programme of online events for the period May–July, which includes a specially commissioned series of podcasts entitled British Art Talks.
Furthermore, we encourage you to explore our other digital offerings, which include:
- British Art Studies, our pioneering online journal
- Our award-winning digital publication The Royal Academy Summer Exhibition: A Chronicle, 1769–2018
- Recordings of research events held at the Centre
- Recordings of our popular Public Lecture Courses
- A series of short films on Nigel Henderson’s collage work Screen