- 26 November 2020
The Paul Mellon Centre will re-open to the public on a limited basis between Monday 7 December and Wednesday 16 December. While we have been closed we have been working to put in place a number of measures to protect you and our staff.
The Public Study Room will be open by appointment only on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, between 10.30-12.45 and 13.15-15.30. The rest of the PMC will be open by invitation only on these same days of the week. It is planned that these hours will continue in the New Year until Easter and advance booking is required.
During this period, the Centre will continue to deliver a wide range of online events. Our offerings include a busy programme of online seminars, lectures, podcasts and workshops. This programme includes numerous events on the theme of British Art and Natural Forces, a new set of British Art Talks in which leading contemporary artists discuss their engagement with the history of art, and a Public Lecture Course on the topic of Ceramics.
- Our new digital publication Art and the Country House
- A specially commissioned series of podcasts entitled British Art Talks
- Our summer Public Lecture Course, Georgian Provocations
- The latest issue of our pioneering digital journal, British Art Studies
- Our award-winning digital publication The Royal Academy Summer Exhibition: A Chronicle, 1769–2018
- Recordings of research events held at the Centre
- Recordings of our popular Public Lecture Courses
- A series of short films on Nigel Henderson’s collage work Screen