Applications for British Art in Motion 2023 are now closed.
British Art in Motion is a film competition for undergraduate students designed to generate creative and thought-provoking short films about works of British art or architecture, from all periods. It aims to give students the chance to explore the possibilities of filmmaking, and to experiment with the ways in which film can be used to offer new ways of engaging with and interpreting works of art.
For ten successful entrants, British Art in Motion will provide:
- free, specialist training in filmmaking
- a production fund to make a short film about a British work of art
- guidance and mentorship
- the chance to screen your film at the Paul Mellon Centre’s annual Film Festival
- the opportunity of being named as the overall winner of the British Art in Motion student film competition
- a prize of £1,000 for the winning film, and prizes for the runners-up
- following the Film Festival, all films will be hosted on the Paul Mellon Centre’s website
We are committed to ensuring that this opportunity is open and accessible to all, and there is a discretionary budget in place for access needs. For more information see the Access and Funding tab.